I’m a person of many words thought and written, but far fewer spoken. That’s a reflection of the mess inside my brain. I get way overwhelmed when I look at “the big picture,” but I love creating and accomplishing the tiny tidbits that lead to the larger goal.
I made a chart for myself (In Excel, because I’m a lover of spreadsheets #nerdalert). It serves to break down my bigger, ultimate goals (column headers) into more tangible, doable tasks (bullet points). You can download a Printable Goals Chart if you want to try it out. It’s not fancy, but it gets the job done. Maybe I’ll upgrade it someday when I don’t have so much else going on!
I usually print it out and hand write the bullet points, but this way was quicker, so let’s just pretend, okay? 🙂 You can print a new one daily, or do the same one for the whole month. Either way, I think it’s helpful to break it down. Those big goals aren’t so daunting that way!
I did a few posts last year with monthly goals, but they were cumbersome and overworked. I think I’m going to take a stab at something simpler.
February 2015 Goals:
1. Finish reading Acts, and read through Romans
2. Plan and go on a good date night with Mr. Dummel
3. Practice Josiah’s memory verses with him
4. Bring a weekly meal to an elderly couple at our church
5. Look through and organize home decorations, and get rid of anything we don’t intend to use
6. Make fluoride free toothpaste for Josiah (I made this one for myself, and it’s great! I believe the baking soda is what made Josiah turn his nose up. I may just edit that out and see what he thinks)
7. Finish front door monogram for my kindred spirit and sister-in-law, Leah.
Here’s ours nearly completed (I love the creative process and pictures of works in process):
I loved making the little fabric rosettes. This tutorial was excellent. Here’s one of Leah’s:
When I asked her the color scheme she wanted and then sent her a picture of the fabric options I already had in my stash to match, I think she got just as excited as I do when I’m crafting:
So what are your goals for February? I’d love to read them!